The advantage of coaxial cable is that it can support high-bandwidth communication on a relatively long line without repeaters, and its shortcomings are obvious: one is large, the diameter of the cable is 3/8 inches thick, to occupy a large number of cables pipe space, the second is unable to withstand entanglement, pressure and serious bending, these will damage the cable structure, Blocking the transmission of the signal; Finally, the cost is high, and all these disadvantages are twisted by twisted pair, so in the current LAN environment, it is basically replaced by the physical layer specification of the Ethernet based on twisted pair.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Application range of wire and cable
- Structural characteristics of Flat ...
- The method of judging the quality o...
- Wire and cable related standards
- How to keep and transport wire and ...
- Function of cable shielding layer
- Current status of special wire and ...
- Telephone Cable Selection Guide
- Common usage Considerations for cables
- Coaxial Cable Installation method
- Definition of cable
- Types and applications of cables